This annual honor seeks to recognize “the single most beautiful building or other structure” built in the metropolitan Boston area in the past 10 years.
This program is co-sponsored by the City of Boston.
East Boston Branch Library, Boston Public Library, William Rawn Associates, Architects
Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building, Mecanoo Architecten with Sasaski
Education and Community Center, Korean Church of Boston, Brian Healy Architects
Tozzer Anthropology Building, Harvard University, Kennedy & Violich Architecture
Dan Peruzzi AIA, principal and senior partner, Margulies Peruzzi Architects (jury chair)
Alex Beam, Boston Globe, columnist
Mike Cantalupa, Senior Vice President/Development, Boston Properties
Racquel Davey AIA, Project Architect, Education Studio at ICON Architecture
Karin Goodfellow, Director, Boston Art Commission
Mariana Ibanez, Assoc. Professor of Architecture at Harvard GSD
Yugon Kim, partner, IKD / director, TSKP Boston
Andrew Plumb AIA, design partner and technical director, Aamodt / Plumb Architects
Cynthia Smith, FASLA, Halvorsen Design Partnership
Corey Zehngebot AIA, senior urban designer/architect, Boston Redevelopment Authority
2017 Project Submission
Nominations are invited for the 2017 Harleston Parker Medal, which is presented to “such architects as shall have, in the opinion of the Boston Society of Architects ... completed the erection for any private citizen, association, corporation, or public authority, the most beautiful piece of architecture, building, monument, or structure within the limits of the City of Boston or of the Metropolitan Parks District” (Arlington, Belmont, Boston, Braintree, Brookline, Cambridge, Canton, Chelsea, Dedham, Dover, Everett, Hingham, Hull, Lynn, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Milton, Nahant, Needham, Newton, Quincy, Revere, Saugus, Somerville, Stoneham, Swampscott, Wakefield, Waltham, Watertown, Wellesley, Weston, Weymouth, Winchester, Winthrop, and Woburn).
To be eligible, a project:
- May be of any scale, program, or level of public visibility
- May be a rehabilitated building or structure
- Must have been completed between December 31, 2006,
and December 31, 2016
You may nominate your own or any other that work you believe merits consideration. Projects that have been honored in past years and work by jurors or by their firms are ineligible. Nominated projects from prior years that have not been recognized will continue to be considered by subsequent juries until these projects are ruled out by the 10-year-from-completion eligibility requirement.
To nominate a project:
Please send your nomination (see below) to email@example.com with “Harleston Parker” in the subject line. Please include the folowing:
- Project name
- Project location (street address, city)
- Architect (if known)
- Date of completion (if known)
All submissions are due by 4:00 pm EST on March 10, 2017.
For more information contact the BSA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-391-4017.
- 2015 Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum Addition (Renzo Piano Building Workshop with Stantec)
- 2014 MFA Art of the Americas Wing (Foster + Partners with CBT Architects)
- 2013 Roger E. Wellington Elementary School (Jonathan Levi Architects with Stantec Architecture)
- 2012 MIT Media Lab (Maki and Associates in assocation with Leers Weinzapfel Associates)
- 2011 Harvard Graduate Student Housing (Kyu Sung Woo Architects)
- 2010 New Cambridge Public Library (William Rawn Associates with Ann Beha Architects)
- 2009 Parker Community Boathouse (Anmahian Winton Architects)
- 2008 Genzyme Center (Behnisch, Behnisch & Partner; House & Robertson Architects; Next Phase Studios)
- 2007 Institute of Contemporary Art (Diller Scofidio + Renfro with Perry Dean Rogers Partners)
- 2006 Wang Campus Center, Wellesley College (Mack Scogin Merrill Elam Architects)
- 2005 Building H/College of Computer and Information Sciences and Residence Hall, Northeastern University (William Rawn Associates)
- 2004 Simmons Hall, MIT (Steven Holl Architects and Perry Dean Rogers Partners)
- 2003 Honan-Allston Branch/Boston Public Library (Machado and Silvetti Associates)
- 2002 Northeastern University Multi-Faith Center (Office dA)
- 2001 Boston Public Library renovation (Shepley Bulfinch Richardson and Abbott)
View winners from 1923 to 2000 on the Harleston Parker Medal Wikipedia page.