This award is presented in recognition of a person who has designed her own life in design, whose work exemplifies the best of process and practice, and who uses a position of achievement to give back to the world of design and to the community at large.
Criteria for consideration
- A living person, who works and/or has worked in the New England region.*
- Ethical, confident, exemplifies exceptional excellence.
- Brings multiple experiences to work in the design of the built environment.
- Celebrates the "long and winding road."
- Shares responsibility and information, cares for others' well-being.
- Invites participation and encourages participation.
- Demonstrates exceptional excellence, reflects process.
- Content of design and built work: formal design issues and programmatic experience in equal measure.
- Content of non-design and non-built work (i.e. writing, teaching): formal design issues and programmatic experience in equal measure.
- Sucess has been achieved well and then used well.
- Affects change; position/success is part of an evolving career.
*Persons who have died may receive an honorary award, posthumously, at the committee's discretion.
All nominations stay active for three years.
Complete this entry form and mail it and supporting materials to:
Women in Design Award of Excellence
c/o Ruth Super
290 Congress Street, Boston 02210
All nominations are due by 4:00 pm on Friday, July 26, 2013. Awards will be presented to recipients at ABX.