4th Annual Gingerbread House Design Competition
2016 Gingerbread House Design Competition winners announced
On December 29 at BSA Space, the winners of the 2015 Gingerbread House Design Competition were announced.
The "Golden Spatula" was conferred by Julie Burros, Boston's Chief of Arts and Culture. The auction raised $18,335--more than double last year's total!--and its website recorded more than 465 donations. Proceeds benefit the Comunity Design Resource Center of Boston (CDRC). For details visit cdrcboston.org/gingerbread.
2016 Gingerbread House Design Competition Winners
- Golden Spatula (greatest $$) -- Finegold Alexander Architects (3rd year in a row!)
- Silver Spatula (2nd greatest $$) -- Margulies Perruzzi Architects
- Honorable mention ($$) -- Connor Architecture
- Golden Whisk (most # donations, any amount) -- Goody Clancy (96 donations!)
- Silver Whisk (2nd highest # donations) -- Margulies Perruzzi Architects
- Honorable mention (# of donations) -- Gienapp Design Architecture
The gingerbread houses will be on view at BSA Space from December 9, 2015 through January 3, 2016. This year's theme is "Imagine Boston."
For more details, visit cdrcboston.org/gingerbread.
Now in its fourth year, the Gingerbread House Design Competition is a fun and tasty way to highlight the delicious talents of Boston landscape and architecture firms. While challenging designers to explore a new medium, this sweet event also raises funds for the CDRC. A special thank you to the Boston Society of Landscape Architects and the BSLA "gingerscapes" for joining us this year!
Gingerbread in the press:
- How to Make an Amazing Gingerbread House, According to the Pros
- Visit the pretty houses that ginger can build
- This Is What Boston Landmarks Would Look Like If They Were Gingerbread Houses
- Architects create gingerbread houses that look like city buildings