The Boston studio holds fast to our values – diversity, collaboration, and innovation! Come join us!
The Project Architect will be responsible for planning, development and execution of technical documentation which may include interpreting, organizing and coordinating project team assignments.
- Works in tandem with designers to coordinate design development and construction documents
- Advanced understanding of planning, programming and design principles and methods
- Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions
- Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
- Directs production of schematic, design development and construction documents in collaboration with Project Manager
- Coordinates project documentation execution, construction plans and details, insuring quality control and completion
- Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems
- Understands and coordinates engineering systems relevant to projects
- Reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD’s for conformance with design
- Conducts and documents field observations to monitor progress of construction
- Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.
- Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations
- Executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.
- Ensures tasks are completed according to the Perkins+Will standards and Project Delivery Manual
- May establish architectural budget, task schedule and other components of the project work plan with project manager.
- Directs or coordinates production of construction documents, drawings and specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule and cost
- Implements meeting objectives, facilitates meetings and provides documentation in collaboration with Project Manager
- May participate in marketing, client and owner presentations
- Directs, organizes and mentors junior staff with responsibility oversight of their assignments.
The successful applicant will have:
- Professional Degree in Architecture
- 8-10 years’ experience
- Experienced in all phases of project design, construction documentation production and construction materials
- Familiar with building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems
- Understanding of project management process
- Ability to apply Revit and interpret and review Revit drawings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to direct or coordinate work efforts of junior staff
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hire