TRIA is seeking a Job Captain for its Boston office, who will be responsible for assisting the project architect and project manager from schematic design through construction administration. Essential responsibilities for the position include design assistance, design development and construction documents development, construction administration, consultant coordination, assistance with specification development, and building code documentation.
BIM responsibilities: Ideal candidate to possess expert level Revit skills. Tasks to include: Working with BIM Manager for start-up / creation / maintenance of BIM office standards as well as providing tasks for production team members.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Possess strong knowledge of building technology, product application, and detailing.
- Have on site experience.
- Collaborate with the Project Architect in the production of project documentation including but limited to site surveys, design, drawings for all phases of a project, written specifications, submittals, etc.
- Understand and apply required codes, company and industry standards.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest code and industry standard changes.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to manage project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Exhibit strong self-initiative and drive.
- Have proven proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Be familiar with Bluebeam, Adobe Photoshop, Sketchup, and InDesign.
- Coordinate and maintain the quality of workmanship throughout the duration of a project.
- Be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and demands of multiple projects.
- Provide leadership for, and communicate effectively with multiple project team members and consultants.
- Professional Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) degree or Master of Architecture (MArch)
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates)
Willingness and ability to travel.
We offer excellent benefits including Health, Dental, 401K, Profit Sharing, and Paid Vacation