About This Position
Who we are:
Jill Neubauer Architects is a 10-person collaborative residential architecture firm located in Falmouth, on Cape Cod, in a historic barn. We are a lively office with personality and heart. JNA staff work together to create expansive contemporary new homes alongside historically sensitive renovations. Interiors are fully detailed. We have also developed an aesthetic, energy-efficient affordable housing prototype, supporting a regional social need of a neglected housing market. We are committed to sustainable design, materials, and business practices. Our office culture supports the balance of work and family/life in a dog-friendly environment.
JNA’s work has received multiple industry awards and has been widely published including Boston Home, Boston Globe, Design New England, New England Home, Cape Cod Magazine, Residential Design, At Home on Cape Cod, Ocean Home, Cape Cod View, Country Living, and Martha’s Vineyard Magazine. Jill was named one of five Mentors in Design by Design New England in 2018. Most recently, JNA was named Best 2021 Coastal Architect by Best of Boston Home.
About the position:
JNA is searching for a Director of Interior Design at our high-end residential firm. The ideal candidate would be an experienced, creative, self-motivated, and organized individual that is willing to embark on joyful and rigorous projects and a rewarding professional experience. Looking for an experienced project manager with a passion for interiors ready to lead this work.
- Exhibit understanding of the firm’s design policy.
- Provide strong leadership, organization, and relationship management skills while working with the project team.
- Inspiration, research, development, and creation of interior spaces for high-end residential architecture.
- Deep knowledge of the design process and resources, including product specifications, color & materials, and construction.
- Overall knowledge of design trends, staying abreast of new materials, products, and makers.
- Prepare design presentations with the architecture team for clients. (We are a Revit-based office.)
- Capability to develop multiple design themes and oversee all finish and material selections including lighting, fixtures, tile, plumbing fittings & fixtures, and accessories. Create and manage F,F & E schedules.
- Prepare construction drawings and documentation including specifications and schedules.
- Maintain quality communication and relationships with clients, JNA team, GC, and product reps.
- Maintain organized dates and schedules related to projects.
- Maintain digital and physical materials library.
- Ability to review millwork shop drawings.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Assist with answering RFIs and submittals during CA phase.
- Coordinate furniture and material selections with outside consultants and vendors.
- Experience with high-end residential projects.
- Experience directing complete work in collaboration with Project Architects.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- Ability to create beautiful and sophisticated interior design presentations including 2D and 3D rendering skills.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketchup, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite. Revit experience ideal as JNA works in Revit.
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Health, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Matching Gift Plan
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and any letters of recommendation via email only to [email protected]. Please attach all documents in PDF format (a portfolio link may be provided if PDF format not available).
Cover letter should include answers to the following questions:
- Do you have single-family, residential design experience?
- What is your level of proficiency with Revit?
- What is your connection to or interest in living/working on Cape Cod?
- Where did you see this position advertised?
Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged via email if accompanied by requested materials and answers to questions listed above.
JNA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
No phone calls, please. Direct applicants only (no recruiters).