Moody Nolan is currently seeking Project Managers and Project Architects to join our growing Boston team.
Moody Nolan, 2021 AIA National Architecture Firm Award recipient, is a nationally recognized architectural firm serving public and private clients in over 40 states. We provide the services of architecture, experiential design, and interior design through offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Houston, Nashville, New York, and Washington, DC.
Moody Nolan offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, FSA, and 401k.
Responsibilities: Project Manager
- Provides thorough and timely communication of project information between clients and project team. Responsible for managing project including identification of project team members, budget, consultants, schedule for completion, fees, and costs as well as project change notices or other actions taking place on the assigned project.
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships throughout project. Keeps client apprised of project progress on regular basis. Initiates and maintains contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination, and negotiation of critical issues.
- Understands the design intent of the project, the technical implications of design decisions, and how to navigate the intersection of those elements.
Responsibilities: Project Architect
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with consultants (structural, MEP, lighting, AV, acoustical, accessibility, building envelope, life safety, etc.)
- Resolve complex technical and design issues with team to produce innovative technical/constructible solutions
- Direct production of drawings, specifications and construction administration tasks
- Responsible for oversight and delivery of documents with design intent and top-notch technical quality
- Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
- Managing client expectations, team communication and oversight of consultant coordination
- Bachelor's Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Architecture, or related field (required)
- Master's Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Architecture, or related field (preferred)
- Licensed Architect with 5 to 20 plus years’ professional experience in Architecture
- Experience in managing multiple project types (required)
- K-12 or Higher Ed experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications, and construction techniques
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
- Comfortable in Revit, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Flexibility to focus on concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Excellent written + verbal communication and client relationship management skills