Architectural Designer – Commercial - Mid-Level
Sasaki is moving to downtown Boston! Along with our move, we are expanding our commercial architecture group. Our book of business continues to grow rapidly and the caliber of project work demands a full team of talented designers who can take on a whole range of unique design challenges. At present, Sasaki is working remotely due to COVID, but this position is expected to transition to working from our new downtown Boston office in early 2022.
At Sasaki we purposefully take on challenging work that we see as opportunities to evolve and stretch. As such, we look for teammates who are excited to engage fully from the get-go. Ideas matter tremendously around here and as a Sasaki designer you will be encouraged to have a point of view, to share your thinking often, to push design further, and to develop a comfortable rapport with clients. For a mid-sized firm, we guard our small-firm feel focusing less on hierarchy and working together to yield the best designs.
The most successful candidates can deliver design stewardship, team leadership, project management, and client-relationship management. We prefer to groom our leaders from within and we are looking for mid-level designers with experience in commercial architecture who can grow into leadership positions over time. If you think you can add something special to our team and our practice we would love to hear from you.
What you bring:
• Design chops – you’ve got vision, creativity, and skills
• Collaborative spirit – the idea of interdisciplinary teamwork gets you excited
• Opinions – you have them and value sharing them with others
• Passion – you have a healthy dose of ambition for yourself, your team, the work (and the firm you’ll come to love)
• Proactive resourcefulness – you’re energetic and positive about solving problems and take initiative to find a way to ‘yes’
• Growth-orientation – you’re curious and want to find greater ways to impact the world around you
• Humanistic sensibility – you design for people and you are invested in the growth of your teammates
What you’ll do:
• Generate design concepts
• Communicate and present design intent to team and clients
• Lead, delegate and critique work effectively
• Provide flexibility in developing alternative concepts to solve complex design problems
• Modify & review presentations and drawing sets in all phases
Experience and Education:
• A Professional Degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture from an accredited program
• 5-10 years of experience in Commercial architecture
• High level of proficiency in:
o Communication and Presentation: Adobe and Microsoft suites
o Documentation: Revit
o Design: Rhino, SketchUp, Grasshopper, etc.
• Critical thinking skills
• Must be a strong presenter
• LEED AP preferred