Do you desire to work in a highly collaborative, innovative environment where you can immediately realize your impact on the success of the company? Code Red Consultants is a fire protection, life safety, and accessibility consulting firm located in Southborough, MA. After 8 years in business, our independently owned and operated company continues to look to add qualified, high performing individuals to our thriving firm.
Code Red Consultants set out in 2013 to offer a novel consulting experience; one where we exceed our clients’ expectations over the course of project involvement. We offer practical and innovative solutions to complex code and fire engineering challenges that are communicated to our clients using simple terms with one goal in mind, drive results. As we have grown rapidly from 3 fire protection engineers to 35+ team members, our clients are recognizing that Code Red Consultants has quickly become a preeminent fire protection, life safety, and accessibility consultancy in the Northeast. United by a common purpose, we thrive on close collaboration within our office to deliver the results our clients have come to expect. We offer a tight-knit, team-oriented environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Sample projects include GE World Headquarters, the Wynn Everett Casino, Millennium Tower Boston, and Logan International Airport to name a few.
Our success comes from being an integrated team of professionals that executes work through a client centered approach. If you want to have immediate impact with clients, learn directly from highly respected Principals and are willing to roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done right, let us know! Learn more about our firm at https://coderedconsultants.com/.
Code Red Consultants offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, profit sharing plan, discretionary quarterly bonuses, retirement benefits, health/dental insurance, casual work environment, and flexible work schedule. Code Red Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.
Accessibility compliance is a critical topic for most of our commercial projects, including both new and existing buildings. Code Red Consultants strives to assist owners, designers and end-users for each project to ensure that the built environment is accessible while achieving design concepts and aesthetic visions for the space. Our involvement on a project varies and includes existing building surveys, plan reviews, variance submittals and field verifications of new installations.
As a consultant at Code Red Consultants, you will work with and under the guidance of seasoned staff to provide the following services to our clients:
- Conducting on-site visual inspection of existing buildings for compliance with accessibility requirements.
- Conducting on-site field inspections of new construction projects for compliance with accessibility requirements.
- Performing code reviews of architectural plans for compliance with applicable codes include state accessibility regulations, 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, and/or Fair Housing Act Design Manual.
- Attending meetings with clients, owners, and authorities having jurisdiction to review code compliance strategies and solutions.
- Writing comprehensive letter reports outlining survey observations, plan review comments and variance justifications.
- Developing variance documentation for variances/waivers to state regulations.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Project management experience preferable. Ability to lead projects and coordinate with a team.
- Understanding of the requirements of 2010 ADA Standards, Fair Housing Act and state regulations.
- Multifamily housing project knowledge desirable.
- Leadership, strong work ethic, ability to work independently, self-motivated, and team oriented.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Proactive communication, project management and time management skills.
- Interest in working with a small, integrated team focused on driving results and providing valuable services to our clients.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Construction Management or any STEM or architectural related discipline.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience preferred.
- Examples of client service and team-centered project work.