SMMA has an exciting opportunity for a Design Technologist to join our practice. The Design Technology group's mission is to promote literacy, guide application, and research emerging design technologies. We inspire teams to embrace new technologies by promoting a culture of curiosity and a commitment to continuous improvement. It is our belief that design methodologies can be enhanced with embedded intelligence and automation, capitalizing on the potential of a data-enabled practice.
This position requires an individual who is passionate about innovation and mentoring others. The individual must be able to work in a team environment while working independently on special projects. The ideal candidate is professional and composed during high-stress engagements and can maintain a positive outlook in difficult situations. The candidate will be required to promote knowledge within the firm and thought leadership in the industry, in addition they will be encouraged to attend conferences to expand their knowledge and engage with industry peers.
- Advancement of BIM methods and the authoring of standards.
- Provide expertise to project teams for implementation of Revit.
- Facilitate project coordination with clash detection tools and tracking.
- Support the development of BIM content for architecture and interiors.
- Lead and mentor colleagues in the use design technologies.
- Research and implement emerging technologies.
- Coordinate and execute software training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- 5-8 years of experience in a design practice.
- Rendering experience using Enscape and other real-time rendering platforms.
- Expert knowledge in model authoring software; Revit, Sketchup, and Rhino
- Familiarity with computational design software Dynamo and Grasshopper.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
About the Firm
SMMA remains one of the area’s most unique design firms due to its composition, reputation, and focus. Cambridge-based since its incorporation in 1955, the firm focuses on creating lasting relationships with strategic partners in both the public and private markets.
The firm was founded by MIT alumni who believed that the balance of architecture, engineering, interiors, and site design afforded clients the agility of a single source of creative and technical expertise. Today, SMMA continues its dedication to a flexible integrated approach while remaining guided by a shared pursuit of design excellence and social responsibility.
SMMA is organized into five studios of market focus: Corporate and Commercial, Federal Government, Higher Education, K-12, and Science and Technology. At SMMA, studios represent specialized communities of practice working together to foster knowledge flow around common interests. Together, the firm’s studios form a larger design ecosystem, sharing best practices and nurturing professional growth and project excellence.
Please note: SMMA does not offer H-1B visa sponsorship for this position.