CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Architect / Project Manager based in our Boston, MA office. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will perform as a senior level Project Architect and Project Manager based on the project needs. This role will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage the financial and operational performance of healthcare projects and partner with other project leaders to build long-term relationships with clients – our most important partners.
- Manage design and production processes in a multi-office collaborative environment including team building, staffing, project organization, communication, and mentoring.
- Lead the development and execution of the work plan, budget, and schedule, modifying as appropriate throughout the project life cycle.
- Align work effort and resources with contract and compensation commitments and proactively address changes, including additional services as required.
- Align team process and deliverables with the delivery method.
- Development of fees for projects.
- Attend staffing meetings and partner with other project managers to best align staff with project work.
- Provide accurate and timely revenue forecasts to the local office practice leader and firm business office.
- Oversee accurate compilation and issuance of client invoices.
- Manage contracting documents in partnership with the firm’s legal department.
- Assist with business development opportunities.
- Manages critical path process and leads project team through all technical and production aspects from initial stages of pre-design through to project completion.
- Monitor the technical quality of projects. Enforce the application of QA/QC process standards and requirements.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities. Communicate client objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way. Provide constructive feedback and mentoring to team members. Identify and share lessons learned with teams.
- Responsible for ensuring that all statutory requirements and project design concepts are achieved.
- Responsible for the quality of the contract documentation including drawings and specifications.
- Mentor and grow staff.
- Serve as prime point of contact between client and the firm.
- Consult with clients on all aspects of the design contract.
- Consult with local authorities and consultants regarding project design.
- Continuously monitors project documentation and compliance with client requirements as outlined in contract.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates and resolves project-related issues.
- Assumes lead responsibility for contract deliverables, meeting project requirements, including time, budget and scope. Participate in production of project deliverables as appropriate and/or necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring all members of the project team are in compliance with project work plans and deadlines.
- Responsible for following the requirements of the Quality Process.
- Process “Requests for Information.”
- Coordinate, lead, and attend project meetings as required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelors/Masters from an accredited program preferred.
- Minimum 15+ years of experience performing in a lead technical and project management role. Prior experience on healthcare and education projects is required.
- Architectural Registration is required. LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Strong communication skills, technical knowledge and coordination skills and the ability to build rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Must have experience leading BIM project production teams and be proficient in Revit. Experience with MS Project, Deltek Vision or other data management software required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.