The Interior Designer will work on and/or assist with the design and execution of interior design projects. Some projects are solely interior based, but the majority are larger building projects that require interior design. Projects include community centers and multi-family amenity spaces. Many community centers are “mission based” incorporating senior centers into what is referred to as centers for active living. These are great opportunities for candidates with high level design skills who also work well with data driven design standards relative to specific age groups. These community projects require a significant amount of community input with facilitation by the design team.
Multi-housing projects include interior design related to apartment and condominium layouts and interior finishes. The main focus however is that BH+A multi-housing projects incorporate significant high end amenity spaces that are to be developed by the interior design team.
The difference in positions is related to the level of experience, responsibilities for project management, client interaction and marketing responsibilities. The Senior Interior Design position involves supervisory responsibilities.
- Client contact and participation in presentations during the project life cycle.
- On primary building projects, lead the interior design portion of the project in collaboration with the building team.
- Develop approach regarding materials, styles, and colors.
- Prepare and present designs.
- Finishes selection, presentations, specifications, and coordination of installation.
- Production of interior design documents.
- Coordinates with consultants and furniture reps as needed for the project.
- Marketing for new projects.
- Revit skills are highly desired
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in design, documentation, and construction administration.
- Creative, imaginative, and artistic.
- Leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Proficient with Revit, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- The Senior Interior Designer has additional supervisory requirements and client contact.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture required; Master’s degree ideal.
- Registered architect or interior designer with NCIDQ certification for the Senior Interior Designer.
- Ten + years of experience required for Senior Interior Designer; Five+ years for Interior Designer.
- Portfolio of design work.