BH+A is currently staffing for a variety of new projects. These include senior centers and multi-generational community centers, multi-family affordable housing, elderly and disabled affordable housing, multi-family mixed use developments, restoration and adaptive reuse, and public recreation facilities. The Architect will work with firm Principals and Associates to plan and design community centers and housing projects, as new construction, or as major renovations according to project needs to fulfill the client’s program, desires, and financial resources.
- Prepares scale drawings and contract requirements and submits for bids.
- Identifies, through consultation, clients’ requirements, budget, and establish timetables to accomplish those goals
- Setting project milestones and supervise staff to achieve the established project milestones
- Assists in defining design priorities and vision by preparing preliminary sketches of options
- Prepares and presents designs, work with consultants for estimated costs and specifications
- Construction Administration duties
- Manages team and staffing budget monthly and report to leadership
- Ability to coordinate engineering design and documents
- Ability to translate client ideas into visual and/or tangible references such as drawings or models.
- Ability to follow through tasks, detailed oriented and highly organized
- Ability to lead a team of architectural designer to achieve set project goals with clear staff tasks
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required, Master’s degree in architecture preferred.
- Six (6) years experience for Project Architect
- Ten (10) years experience for Project Manager
- Active licensure required