Are you a licensed Architect in Massachusetts with 8+ years of experience in ground up commercial construction projects? Have you managed or helped to grow a small team? Do you know how to acquire and delegate resources?
If you would you love to be the “Voice of Design” and make a big impact at a small, established design-build firm, This is the position for you!
If you are a strong manager who has successfully driven the design process, managed a team, maintained department profitability, and are looking to take your career to the next level; Apply Now!
Text to Apply option: Text DD921 to 978-350-0595
We value a hands-on leader who successfully manages people & process, implements strategy, has a strong sense of urgency, delivers high quality, inspires creative ideas, and is up to date on leading edge architectural trends.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Direct, grow, and provide leadership for our small design team via management, mentorship & training
- Lead the orchestration and strategy of the design team including assigning projects, consulting & partnering with outside engineers and vendors.
- Develop design documents & presentations for clients
- Meet with potential & existing clients to assist in selling Channel’s design-build solution
- Procure, build & manage partnerships with outside consultants
- Budget, schedule, prioritize projects, manpower, and deadlines
- Ensure constructability & quality control on all projects
- Communicate with internal & external partners effectively & efficiently
- Align & work closely with our construction team
- Evaluate, manage, and organize data to ensure department profitability
- Continually improve the quality of work, how it’s delivered, and implement process improvements
- Identify workload issues, adjust team assignments, and assist in the completion of projects. This may include hands on work in any phase of a project: SD, DD, CD, CA
- Project future workloads and determine staffing capabilities and needs
- Oversee on-time project delivery within budget
- Be Channel’s “Design Voice” and stamp.
- Must be a licensed Architect in Massachusetts with 8+ years of design experience
- Must have a strong sense of urgency & quality
- Several years of managing people. We are a small team
- Strong leadership & communication skills and the ability to delegate & inspire your team
- Ability to collaborate with multiple disciplines
- Knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, BIM, MS Office suite, Adobe Suite and Sketch Up.
- Experience working directly with owners/developers
- VDC experience is a huge plus but not required
- Strong conceptual thinker who is also a “nuts & bolts” architect with the ability to analyze and problem solve
- Must be excited about taking our design department to the next level and becoming Channel’s “Design Voice”