The Project Architect/ Project Manager (PA/PM) will work with the Managing Principal and/or architect of record in overseeing and managing projects for the office. The successful candidate will be involved in all phases of projects from Field Survey/Schematic Design through Construction Administration and will be responsible for the day-to-day needs of the projects to ensure the project schedule, financial health, and client relationships. Depending on the project scale and complexity, the PA/PM may be identified on different roles in the office. This role will work to mentor junior staff, help promote the office culture, and can lead into a leadership role as Trapani grows the business. The ideal candidate will have current License in MA and ideally NCARB.
Responsibilities of Position
- Manages multiple projects at a time, depending on size, complexity, and phase
- Assists the architect with compliance with applicable codes through all phases of projects
- Coordinate meetings, project information, and architectural needs with clients, design-build affiliates, Consultants, and sub-contractors
- Presents ideas and other information both orally and in writing to clients, consultants, contractors, etc.
- Performs field investigations and verifications for local projects and when available for out-of-town projects (potential travel up to 25% of the time)
- Properly maintains project files, data, and reports
- Assists with the development of project schedules and internal budgets and works to maintain these during the execution of the project
- Performs construction document production on their own projects and will assist other teams when necessary. The production will primarily be executed with Revit but could be performed in AutoCAD for certain projects
- Construction Documentation coordination, including State, DPH, and other AHJ as required
- Interacts with and manages consultants on matters including, but not limited to reviewing proposals and contracts and reviewing plans and specifications for coordination and compliance with the design intent
- Performs contract administration during construction including submittal and shop drawing review, answering RFI’s and potentially creating punch lists (when travel permits)
- Assists the architect with tracking design/construction budgets for all projects they are involved with
- Develops and maintains Revit procedures, standards, and families as the BIM support or in conjunction with others
- Coordinates Revit training locally, remotely and/or potentially on-site in Burlington on occasion.
Qualifications of Position
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to apply common sense to solve problems and make decisions in non-standard situations
- Working knowledge of industry commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local codes and project application of them related to Trapani healthcare projects
- Desire to become healthcare design/planner expert specific to Radiation Therapy and Oncology Treatment spaces, process flow, design, materials, and construction parameters involved with healthcare and cancer center design
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- +10 years’ experience in the architectural/engineering industry
- MA Architecture license and active NCARB folder required
- Demonstrated proven record of healthcare and cancer center design experience is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD/Revit with focus on production and Construction Documentation.