We are seeking a full-time, experienced Interior Architectural Designer & Millwork Specialist with 5+ years of experience detailing the architectural interiors of fine residential homes. C&M is an award-winning, integrated architecture and construction firm offering a collaborative design studio environment. Central to the role will be the execution of fine interior detailing and specifications for new home construction, restorations and renovations, including millwork and cabinetry. This position is based out of C&M’s Essex office and is fully integrated with the Interiors Group, working directly with the architects, interior designers and woodworking team.
- Practical Experience
- Extensive background in high-end residential interior detailing, including skilled mastery of CAD drafting software. (Knowledge of ArchiCAD or Cabinet Vision software is a plus.)
- Experience in traditional/classical millwork detailing is required.
- Strength producing accurate space plans, detailed elevations, sections and 3-D renderings.
- Strong technical knowledge of building materials, products, components and systems.
- Some knowledge of regional building codes and zoning regulations.
- Solid experience specifying fixtures and finishes including knowledge of industry innovations, materials, means and methods.
- Design skills commensurate with role in detailing complex custom cabinetry and millwork.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work on team projects and take direction.
- Position is based out of C&M’s Essex office and candidates must have the ability to travel to job sites throughout New England.
- Education/Professional Development
- Bachelor's degree or higher (preferred) from a credited program in interior architecture and design including fine millwork and cabinetry. NCIDQ certification and architecture licensure, or the process of attaining, are a plus.
- Commitment to professional education and personal enrichment to enhance one's ability to thrive as a team member on unique and complex design projects.
C&M offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, plus PTO, health and retirement benefit options as well as continuing education opportunities.