The Jones Payne Group (Jones Payne) is hiring a Contracts Administrator/Project Accountant to support our firm. In this position, you will be part of a collaborative team handling all project accounting, contracts, and reporting requirements for a large-scale architecture project based in San Diego as well as supporting other projects as needs dictate. The candidate can work from our San Diego CA, Whittier CA, or Boston MA offices.
Interested applicants should have a strong desire to learn and be capable of working collaboratively and independently. The ideal candidate will have project accounting experience in the architecture/engineering industry.
Who are we? Jones Payne is a national firm comprised of three core practice areas: facility architecture, noise mitigation, and information management. Our work typically focuses on improving existing buildings. Visit our website to learn more www.jonespayne.com.
What makes us different?
- Satisfied employees. Many of our employees have worked with us for decades.
- Smaller organization. While dedicated to our San Diego project, you will have the ability to be exposed to a wide variety of projects from across the country.
- Direct and positive impact on the projects. The work we do improves the lives of the individuals we work with.
- Team oriented. We lean on each other for our collective knowledge, skills, and expertise.
Working with us, you will:
- Develop fee proposals/task orders and contracts based on guidance from project managers.
- Coordinate and produce monthly invoices and project financial reports.
- Develop revenue projections based on guidance from project managers.
- Develop monthly accruals at the end of each month.
- Perform monthly online project reporting.
Ideal candidates should have:
- 5+ years of professional experience (architecture background is preferred but not required).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, and ERP Accounting Software (such as Peachtree, Deltek, inFocus/Unanet)
- Keen attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks at a time.
- Eager to learn and able to work at a fast pace.
Preference will be given to U.S. citizens or residents local to the Boston, San Diego, or Los Angeles areas. No visa sponsorship is available.
Benefits include: health insurance, generous PTO package, 401(k) enrollment and employer match, optional dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, and assistance with continuing education. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should include a resume and cover letter.
Jones Payne is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Jones Payne verifies COVID-19 vaccination as part of our hiring process.