Amenta Emma is a thriving, creative, inclusive environment– a design-forward, award-winning firm with offices in Boston, New York, and Hartford. Our diverse range of projects challenge designers to imagine how great design, exploration, and innovation can create meaningful experiences for our clients and end-users. Our commitment to best practices in sustainability and equity ensure that with each project, we leave the world a better place. Candidates who possess a great attitude and the ability to engage with a highly energized, collaborative team will build a rewarding career. With a dedicated staff of 30+, we pay close attention to individual strengths and continually foster professional growth. Read more about our mission and beliefs here.
Amenta Emma is seeking a project architect to join our Boston office. Candidates must have excellent problem solving and verbal presentation skills. Candidates will have the opportunity to contribute to project teams on a broad range of project types and scales, in collaborative work environments.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead a project team in the development of architectural documents including drawings and specifications
- Communicate with consultants to ensure coordination of project documents
- Lead product research and coordinate technical aspects of a project design
- Ensure conformance with code and regulatory standards
- Participate in construction administration including review of shop drawings, RFIs, site inspections and reports
Experience and Qualifications
- A professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
- Architectural License preferred
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality, complete sets of drawings
- Strong knowledge of building and accessibility codes
- Strong communication, coordination, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Revit, Bluebeam, and MS Office