Austin Architects, located in Cambridge on Observatory Hill just west of Harvard Square, is looking for an architect / designer with a BArch 5-year or a MArch 3-year degree and 5 or more years of experience, preferably in all phases of design. Candidates should be either a registered architect, or in the process of becoming registered.
Our work is varied, reflecting interests in a broad range of project types, from large scale master plans to new buildings, and complex renovations to detailed interiors. Our clients are similarly diverse. They include schools, colleges and universities, civic and non-profit organizations, corporate clients, and individuals.
Right now, we are working a phase reconfiguration of a large academic library, two historic wood frame house renovations for academics, various sports facilities, projects for non-profit organizations and governmental agencies.
Candidate must possess:
- A passion for design.
- Strong analytical skills informed by research and technical knowledge.
- Curiosity and drive.
- Proven experience realizing projects through all phases of design and construction.
- Experience using Revit and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and graphics abilities.
- Good communications skills.
- A zest for professional growth.
This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic person, with hands-on experience, seeking a wide range of responsibilities on projects from start to finish.
This position is full-time and comes with full individual healthcare and other benefits. Compensation is based on ability and experience.