DiMella Shaffer is known for pushing the boundaries of senior living design. We believe that design that supports the older adult is inclusive and supportive to all ages. In this role you will work collaboratively as a part of a dynamic team delivering outstanding design and technical expertise in our Senior Living practice. Our diverse practice includes new construction and renovations of Life Plan Communities/CCRCs, Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing and Affordable Housing. Our team is responsible for balancing innovation, creativity, quality, and functionality while working to exceed client goals, providing an environment that enhances the lives of the older adult. Through design, management, detailing, and communication, the Senior Living Designer/Planner will help create exceptional and impactful Senior Living environments.
DiMella Shaffer could be right for you if:
- You have strong master planning and conceptual Senior Living design skills including Independent Living, assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing
- You have a strong understanding of the technical parameters of Senior Living and the experience to execute those projects.
- You understand senior living interior design guidelines as it relates to designing for people’s independence and wellbeing
- You are familiar with the regulatory requirements for different care levels
- You are passionate about Senior Living and the impact it can have on people’s lives.
- You are eager to design high-performance environments for older adults.
- You are excited to use your knowledge to mentor younger peers and staff.
- You can produce high-quality design and project documentation.
- You have experience working independently.
Things we value, but are not required:
- 8-15 years of experience in planning and designing Senior Living projects.
- Degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect or a desire for Architectural Registration (we are happy to help you get there)
- Ability to lead consultant coordination
- Knowledge of codes as they pertain to project scope
- Advanced understanding of Revit
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphics software a plus
- LEED, WELL, or Passive House certification a plus
DiMella Shaffer is curious about you:
- Who/What is your biggest influence?
- How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
- What do you hope to achieve or learn?
- Why did you choose a career in senior living design?
DiMella Shaffer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EOE) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply!