SOSO is looking for an exceptional Architect and Project Manager with 5+ years of professional experience, to lead award-winning projects at the intersection of digital technology and the built environment.
As an Architect and Project Manager at SOSO, you will join a multidisciplinary team of designers, engineers, software developers, and creative technologists working on exciting digital experiences and physical installations.
You will lead and coordinate the physical design and implementation of digital installations from concept development through construction documents, and into CA and production. On certain projects you will be directly responsible for form studies, architectural drawings, design details, and other aspects of production.
This role is initially focused on the physical aspects of our installations, but there will be ample opportunities to move into digital product management, where you can lead a software development process in parallel to the architectural work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaboration: Work with a team of stakeholders including designers, architects, and developers on the production of physical installations and interactive software applications.
- Project Management: Lead the project management of digital installations and experiences, including setting schedules and milestones, managing the team and deliverables, and delivering work on time and on budget.
- Communication and Coordination: Clearly and effectively communicate with clients, architects, specialty subcontractors, general contractors and vendors.
- Visualization: Create assets for design proposals and help render our ideas for presentation to clients.
- Detail Drawings: Produce DD, CD and fabrication drawings, assist with physical prototypes, coordinate with fabricators and suppliers, and help with assembly and installation.
- Digital Product Management: Learn to lead the strategy and management of interactive software applications.
- Culture: Contribute to our studio culture with a positive attitude and desire to get involved. Expand the architectural capabilities of the team and mentor junior designers.
- Experience managing and delivering complex architectural projects
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational and project management skills
- Systems thinker who can effectively manage and coordinate employees, partners, and consultants
- Strong focus on craft with a desire to deliver only the highest quality work
- Comfort with uncertainty and an ability to interpret and problem solve complex situations in various areas each day
- Excellent communication skills when leading a presentation or corresponding with clients and collaborators
- Thrives in a dynamic studio environment and finds ways to develop and improve process and working methods
- Positive attitude and a desire to help out is essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated with excellent follow-through
- Fluency in digital experience production is a plus
- Licensed architect who has delivered SD, DD, and CD drawing sets
- Experience with Rhino and Revit
- Experience with BIM coordination and multidisciplinary integration process
- Expertise with project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to produce specifications and shop drawings for fabrication partners
- Comfort with digital fabrication workflow (CAD/CAM, CNC, 3D printing)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is a plus