At BH+A, we have a strong focus on community facilities from senior centers to affordable housing. Through this mission driven expertise, we create thoughtful spaces that provide a high quality of life for seniors to promote their continued growth and development through active learning, discovery, and service.
We are interested in individuals of all levels and abilities, and currently staffing for multiple new projects in both private development housing, Affordable Elderly Housing, Community/Senior Centers, and Historic preservation and adaptive Reuse.
The Architectural Designer will work with a project team to create detailed drawings for buildings and interiors. Opportunities to learn and advance in this role.
- Uses Revit software to create full-scale and detailed designs of buildings and interiors from an architect’s sketches and develops documentation from concept drawings.
- Integrates building codes and regulations and determines how they will affect architectural designs.
- Organize and coordinate outside consultants such as structural, electrical, and mechanical disciplines. Incorporate consultants’ requirements into architectural drawings.
- Draws plans and details for buildings, and structures based on direction provided by design team leaders.
- Visits jobsite to gather data needed to complete designs.
- Working with an architect, assist with construction administration, contracts, and other documents required for individual projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Revit/BIM, CAD software and other architectural drafting tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for effective communication with all team members and outside consultants.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Architectural Drafting required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience required.
Our office is located in Boston's Seaport District. In addition to competitive salary, we provide a generous benefits package which includes paid holidays and time off, 401K, medical, dental, life and LTD insurance, HRA, FSA, Dependent, Transit and Commuter plans, exam, licensure and membership reimbursement.