The HA CEO brings a strong background in business & finance coupled with a “big picture” perspective that helps us chart our future while thinking strategically and creatively about new business opportunities. The CEO will be responsible for planning, implementing, directing, and evaluating all of the firm’s business, fiscal functions, and performance. They will work closely with our finance team, department heads and partners to make decisions that support our bottom line and strengthen our just cause: to evolve the art of dwelling.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The CEO will be responsible for directing the full breadth of our firm’s revenue-generating operations. They will serve as the primary decision maker for operational matters, overseeing client contracts and managing financial statistics/results. They will be accountable for the successful implementation of organizational strategy, leading their Executive Team, and the achievement of organizational goals.
Business & General Operation
- Manage the company’s overall operations, company organizational structure, and strategy, and communicate with the partners.
- Develop and implement business policies/procedures to ensure the smooth and profitable functioning of the firm.
- Develop strategic objectives and direction and implement proposed plans.
- Provide key business and financial updates to the partners, as well as facilitate action plans and policy decisions.
- Direct and analyze studies of general economic, business and financial conditions and their impact on the firm's policies and operations.
- Think innovatively and creatively about the direction of the firm to ensure thriving in the medium to long term.
- Rightsizing the Executive Team to deliver for the firm
- Partnering with senior staff to grow and strengthen the organization and to make it more sustainable
- Representing the organization at functions, public meetings and industry events
- Working with the finance team to prepare the organization’s annual budgets, analyze the risk of its investments and advise the partners on the risk and return of the investments
- Leading the development of the organization’s short- and long-term strategies and policies
- Directing the organization in line with the goals and visions set by the partners
- Overseeing quality throughout the company by setting goals for each department in collaboration with the departmental head
- Communicating with stakeholders, the general public and government entities
Culture & People
- Build and ensure the effective function of a high-performing Executive Team
- Be a driven and enthusiastic ally and advocate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Ensure a fair, equitable working culture at the firm, across all geographies, and all colleagues.
- Develop an entrepreneurial environment where a variety of creative and administrative colleagues, as well as consultants, vendors and clients, can thrive and support each other.
- Oversee and direct treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, real estate, long-range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization.
- Present quarterly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results
- Direct and coordinate the generation of the annual firm budget.
- Summarize departmental budget requests and monthly management reporting for partners.
- Serve as the primary contact with the firm’s accountants and other financial advisors.
- Negotiate professional liability and general insurance packages, analyzing potential risks to prevent claims.
- Develop and update a live risk register
Education & Training
- MBA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and accounting software, human resource systems, and database software including but not limited to Deltek and Salesforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate a diverse group of colleagues
- Ability to develop others
- Deep curiosity, enthusiasm for, and willingness to learn about design
- Ability to build and augment professional governance procedures, instill discipline and consistency to processes
- Aware of self and others
- Demonstrable ability to operate despite disruption
- Solution and outcome focused
- Agency and the ability to be a self-starter
- Excellent management of self & others
- Forensic attention to detail
- Exceptional active listening skills
- Excellent ability to simplify and summarize complexity
- Strategically minded
- Growth mindset
- Positive attitude
- An ability to operate effectively and with quality while at pace.