Beyer Blinder Belle, an award-winning architecture firm with offices in New York City, Boston, and Washington DC, seeks a highly motivated Project Architect/Construction Administrator to join the Boston office. This team works with institutional and civic clients in the Northeast in all project stages, from programming and design to construction administration.
Along with the skills and experience listed below, our ideal candidate is excited about combining their technical skill and CA expertise on significant projects currently in and heading into CA. The ideal candidate will be a key member of project teams revitalizing high-profile historic buildings, participating in all phases of design with a focus on construction administration, working collaboratively with design teams, clients, consultants, and contractors toward solutions.
In addition to working locally with a tight-knit group of architects at many stages of career development, new hires will collaborate virtually with BBB design professionals in the New York and Washington DC offices. All BBB employees can also participate in staff initiatives that advance professional skills, connect staff outside the realm of project work, and promote values of environmental and social wellbeing.
We are looking for a motivated individual who can work in a team environment on renovation and adaptive reuse projects ranging from $25M to $150M in construction value. This position will work closely with the Project Manager and interface with the Partner in Charge.
II. Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- 8+ years’ experience in general architectural practice and construction administration, with at least 4 years focused on work in existing buildings.
- Professional degree in architecture.
- Experience managing multiple aspects of client, team, and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with project consultants.
- Responsible for daily design, programming, and/or technical development of a project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meets project and client needs.
- Thorough knowledge of existing building technical and code issues.
- Able to communicate and present design issues and solutions.
- Will provide technical guidance to junior staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills – working with a team that emphasizes collaboration with engineers, owners, and builders, and working in a focused and mutually respectful office environment.
III. Software Proficiency
- Proficiency in BIM and Design Technology as required for construction administration.
- Familiarity with Revitzo or other MEP coordination software is preferred.
- Proficiency with ProCore and/or other construction project management software is preferred.
- Successful candidate will be required to have the following capabilities when it comes to working with BIM software:
1. Fluency in BIM platforms (recent Autodesk Revit experience or Autodesk Certified Users preferred).
2. Experience participating in a BIM Execution Planning process and adhering to defined standards for model exchange, design authoring, drawing production, and design review within a common data environment (BIM 360 Design preferred).
3. A preference is given to candidates who are comfortable utilizing point clouds as backgrounds for existing conditions or as-built modeling and documentation work.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and ability. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
As an equal opportunity employer, Beyer Blinder Belle is committed to a diverse workforce.