Western Mass is a beautiful place to live and work, and Dietz & Company Architects is growing. Join our team either in our main office in Springfield or as part of our new presence in Boston. We are seeking a Project Architect with a desire to lead project teams and develop their career in a collaborative studio environment.
To be considered for this role, here are the skills we’re looking for:
- Professional Degree in Architecture (B-Arch or M-Arch) from a NAAB accredited school
- 5+ years of direct architectural experience as a licensed Architect
- Ability to work in Revit, and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proficient knowledge of building science, sustainable technologies, construction methods, building code, and zoning principles
- This position has a lot of autonomy so the desire to lead a team and the ability to manage complex project tasks is a must.
As a member of our design team, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as the primary client contact for projects
- Directing the project team and consultants for multifamily housing projects throughout all phases of design
- Preparing strategic plans for project success
- Coordinating the efforts of your project team
- Management of a collaborative, integrated team structure for all phases of work
- Leading and managing the production team in the completion of one or more projects simultaneously
- Collaborating with company leadership to realize the creative vision of projects
In addition to a competitive salary and generous benefits package, we are dedicated to supporting your professional goals. In fact, we have been named an “Emerging Professional Friendly Firm” by AIA New England every year since 2018. We provide a yearly education stipend, in-house continuing education, and staff mentoring program.
Our benefits package also includes:
- Health and dental coverage with employer contribution
- A 401k retirement plan
- Employee stock ownership program
- Profit sharing (based on firm profitability)
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Paid AIA dues and license fees for registered architects
- Paid volunteer hours for community service
- Options for hybrid work schedule
Dietz & Company Architects is growing. We are an employee-owned (ESOP), Woman Business Enterprise (WBE) and we provide architecture, planning, and design services to the region from our downtown Springfield office. As one of the largest architectural firms in Western Massachusetts, we work in a range of project types: multi-family housing, entertainment, hospitality, commercial, K-12 and higher education, historic preservation, and municipal.
Dietz & Company Architects is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion within our firm. We believe diversity makes us stronger and our backgrounds and experiences improve our designs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.