Western Mass is a beautiful place to live and work, and Dietz & Company Architects is growing. We are seeking an Architectural Designer with initiative to grow their design career. We offer a high degree of project contact and design impact for you to gain broad project experience. We are a welcoming office where you will work closely with Project Architects and Principals to develop and produce project designs.
To be considered for this role, here are the skills we’re looking for:
- Professional Degree in Architecture (B-Arch or M-Arch) from a NAAB accredited school
- Working knowledge of Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suites
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- A strong interest in building science and technology and a desire to collaborate - this is a position where you will develop and document designs as part of a team.
- Motivation to produce creative and high-quality work.
- Previous experience in an architecture office preferred, but not required
As a member of our design team, you will be responsible for:
- Developing architectural designs through 3D digital and 2D graphic exploration
- Producing space plans and building programs
- Investigating construction materials and building products
- Evaluating and documenting existing buildings
- Crafting renderings, client presentations, and information graphics
- Participating in project administration during construction
In addition to a competitive salary and generous benefits package, we are dedicated to supporting your professional goals. In fact, we have been named an “Emerging Professional Friendly Firm” by AIA New England every year since 2018. We provide a yearly education stipend, in-house education opportunities, and an AXP mentoring program.
Our benefits package also includes:
- Health and dental coverage with employer contribution
- A 401k retirement plan
- Employee stock ownership program
- Profit sharing (based on firm profitability)
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Paid volunteer hours for community service
- Options for hybrid work schedule
Dietz & Company Architects is growing. We are an employee-owned (ESOP), Woman Business Enterprise (WBE) and we provide architecture, planning, and design services to the region from our downtown Springfield office. As one of the largest architectural firms in Western Massachusetts, we work in a range of project types: multi-family housing, entertainment, hospitality, commercial, K-12 and higher education, historic preservation, and municipal.
Dietz & Company Architects is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion within our firm. We believe diversity makes us stronger and our backgrounds and experiences improve our designs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.