NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, led by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join usThe role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ Boston
in an Intermediate Project Manager
role. We are seeking an individual who has experience with healthcare, institutional or large-scale complex projects. This is an opportunity to join a fully integrated design studio where a diverse group of technical architects, interior designers, medical planners and clinical consultants collaborate as a team from concept design through construction.
In your new role, you will:
- Manage project teams and work with a Construction Manager and OPM during Construction Administration
- Build and maintain day-to-day working relationships with clients and consultants
- Lead decision making process with fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Develop and execute a management work plan for the overall projects
- Assist with proposal preparation and participates in client presentations/interviews
- Responsible for all correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for the overall projects
- Responsible for execution of project within the boundaries of the design intent
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principals for all aspects of the projects
- Negotiate and draft/write contract
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum of 12-15 years of professional experience in Architecture, with special depth and interest in project management
- Bachelor of Architecture degree; Master of Architecture preferred
- Architectural licensure desired
- LEED Accreditation or within 18 months of hire
- Proficiency in Revit
- Familiarity with current LEAN processes, IPD, and BIM coordination
- Desire to work on healthcare projects of varying sizes and complexities
- Must have a proven track record as a Project Manager on small to medium size projects from Pre-design through Construction Administration, including contract negotiation, work plan development and the ability to work with a variety of project delivery methodologies
- Excellent leadership, verbal and communication skills, and effective client relationship skills and talent for leading and working with diverse teams
- Working understanding of building codes, FGI Guidelines, accessibility codes, and permitting/licensing processes
- A background in medical planning and/or technical aspects of architecture is desired. Proactive approach to communication and problem solving
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and to contribute where needed to support project teams
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment
- Ability to travel as the projects require
- Graphic design and modeling skills are a plus
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
- NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
- Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
- We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
- In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
- We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
- Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
- Stand for Optimism: We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society and planet.
- Lead with Curiosity: We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
- Commit to Sustainability: We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
- Design for All: We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
- Own the Outcome: We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
- Grow our Legacy: We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.