SMMA’s Project Management Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Onsite Owner’s Project Manager for K-12 school projects.
Our integrated firm unites a dynamic mix of project managers, architects, engineers, technologists, researchers, and industry experts. We offer a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that promotes intellectual and creative growth.
Essential for this role is a solid understanding of the on-site management tasks and responsibilities of an Onsite Owner’s Project Manager to deliver significant projects on time and on budget. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an exceptional understanding of construction activities and sequences (including plan and specification conformance), strong team and leadership abilities, and a proven ability to organize and maintain project records (such as communications, project budget, contracts, RFIs, change orders, record plans, and submittals).
The role will provide onsite representation for the owner and requires creating a positive relationship with owners, designers, contractors, and vendors. In addition, the role will include, but not be limited to, monitoring the quality of the construction work, reviewing certified payrolls and maintaining report logs, providing the owners with project financials, assisting with the coordination of the punch list process, and closing out documentation.
The successful candidate will have experience working on-site as an OPM with proven administration skills as well as a deep knowledge of school construction.
- Experience as an Onsite Owner’s Project Manager
- Demonstrated experience with Massachusetts public K-12 projects
- 10 plus years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience with the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA)
- Massachusetts Certified Public Purchasing Official Certification (MCPPO) preferred
About the Firm
SMMA is one of New England’s most unique design firms due to our composition, reputation, and focus. Cambridge-based since our incorporation in 1955, we offer an integrated, multidisciplinary environment driven by collaboration between architects, engineers, technologists, researchers, and industry experts. We focus on building lasting relationships with strategic partners in both the public and private markets.
As an employee-owned firm, we believe that good ideas are welcome from anywhere. Our work straddles seven markets— K-12, Higher Education, Corporate, Commercial, Life Science, Federal Government, and Advanced Technology—with the opportunity to work across a wide range of projects and specialisms. We offer a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that promotes intellectual and creative growth.
SMMA was founded by MIT and Rensselaer alumni who believed that the balance of architecture, engineering, interiors, and site design afforded clients the agility of a single source of creative and technical expertise. Today, we remain dedicated to this flexible, integrated approach. We are guided by a shared pursuit of design excellence, sustainability, and social responsibility.
- Employee-owned firm with Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Hybrid work-from-home policy
- Competitive benefits including paid time-off, company-funded MA Paid Family and Medical Leave, company-paid dental plan, company-paid life insurance, and 401(K) matching
- Employee Assistance Program (includes confidential emotional support, legal guidance, and financial resources)
- Mentor/protégé program
- Educational reimbursement
- Licensure and membership reimbursement
- “Lunch and Learns” with internal and external speakers