At BH+A, we have a strong focus on community facilities from senior centers to affordable housing. Through this mission driven expertise, we create thoughtful spaces that provide a high quality of life for seniors to promote their continued growth and development through active learning, discovery, and service.
We are currently staffing for multiple new projects in both private development housing, Affordable Elderly Housing, Community/Senior Centers, and Historic preservation and adaptive Reuse. Specifically, we are looking for project managers with 10+ years’ experience, licensed with strong organizational skills.
Additionally we are interested in project architects with 5-8 years’ experience with strong design and Revit experience.
The Architect will work with firm Principals and Associates to plan and design community centers and housing projects.
- Identifies, through consultation, clients’ requirements, approximate budget, timetable, and possible needs.
- Identify through collaboration clients’ priorities in terms of needs vs. desires.
- Assists in defining priorities and vision by preparing preliminary sketches of options.
- Prepares and presents designs, work with consultants for estimated costs and specifications.
- Prepares scale drawings and contract requirements and submits for bids.
- Construction Administration duties.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with computer-aided design (CAD) software such as Revit and AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Problem-solving and consultation skills.
- Ability to translate client ideas into visual and/or tangible references such as drawings or models.
- Ability to coordinate engineering design and documents.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years experience for Project Architect, Ten (10) years experience for Project Manager
- Active licensure required.
Our office is located in Boston's Seaport District. In addition to competitive salary, we provide a generous benefits package which includes paid holidays and time off, 401K, medical, dental, life and LTD insurance, HRA, FSA, Dependent, Transit and Commuter plans, exam, licensure and membership reimbursement.