SMOOK Architecture & Urban Design, Inc. is a full-service design firm centrally located in Massachusetts (I-495 and Route 9) for the convenience of our ever-expanding. Our primary mission and passionate commitment are to enhance the community, business or living environments through excellence in design. SMOOK work ranges from mixed-use, retail, commercial, multi-family, residential, and master planning projects.
SMOOK is seeking a qualified Project Architect with +7 years of strong experience in light commercial, retail and residential projects ranging from 1 million to 35 million USD. Strong knowledge of steel and wood-framed is preferred. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively on all phases of architectural projects including but not limited to Design Development, Construction Document, and Construction Administration Phases. Design skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects is a plus.
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture Degree is preferred
- +7 years of Commercial and Residential Experience
- Strong Understanding of Steel and Wood Frame Construction
- Exceptional proficiency in AutoCAD
- Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp knowledge a plus
- Capable of producing comprehensive DD and CD Drawings
- Experience in Construction Administration
- Understanding of current Zoning and Building Codes
- Strong Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to foster relationships with clients, vendors and fellow staff
- Design Skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and ongoing projects a plus
SMOOK offers full-time employees a competitive Benefits Package including Medical & Dental Plans, Employee Contributing 401(k), Vacation, Holidays, Personal Days, and Sick Time.