SMMA is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join SMMA’s Project Management department. We are an integrated design firm that unites a dynamic mix of architects, engineers, technologists, researchers, and industry experts, driven to provide responsible, well-crafted, and venturesome design solutions to clients in the Boston area and beyond. United by a common purpose, we thrive on cross-discipline collaboration and welcome good ideas from wherever they come. We offer a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that promotes intellectual and creative growth.
Essential for this role is a solid understanding of the study, design and construction process. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, strong team- and client-leadership abilities, and project-planning acumen.
This role will be primarily focused on science and technology-sector projects, ranging from life science labs to semiconductor clean-rooms to data centers. While we do not expect the Project Manager to be an expert in the design of these facilities, the ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of the complex engineering systems required for such projects.
We offer a fast-paced environment that promotes continuous improvement and creative growth. This candidate will contribute to business development efforts within the Science and Technology Studio.
- Creating proposals for project opportunities
- Presenting project information to clients and stakeholders
- Providing clear direction for internal design team members and external consultants
- Managing internal schedule, budget, and scope
- Analyzing technical challenges, reviewing construction methods, and vetting budget pricing for best construction options
- Serving as the point of contact for the duration of a project
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Demonstrated successful experience as a Project Manager
- Experience within the science and technology sector
- Experience with the A/E/C industry
- Professional registration and experience servicing science and technology-sector clients both preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel to project sites and Clients outside of the greater Boston area
Please note: SMMA does not offer H-1B visa sponsorship for this position.