SMMA is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join the Corporate and Technology Group. Essential for this role is a desire and commitment to be invested in every aspect of a project — from winning the work, to managing and producing it, through close-out.
This position will directly support four Project Managers and includes managing small-to-mid-sized projects with their direct supervision.
- Running meetings, coordinating team member participation, managing project budgets, plans, and schedules, and collaborating with clients and contractors on smaller C+T projects
- Facilitating team meetings and coordination, updating project plans and schedules, and providing assistance with client, contractor, and consultant collaboration on larger C+T projects
- Developing and editing letter proposals, assisting in project RFP review and the formal proposal process including: development of scope of services, staffing, fee, budget, and schedule
- Highly responsive to client and Project Manager needs
- Setting priorities and taking ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Interior Design
- 3-5 years of experience in A/E/I area of expertise
- Strong experience using Microsoft Office
- Interest in scheduling or database software is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service oriented
- Collaborative, relationship oriented
- Outgoing, motivated, accountable
- Professional registration in area of expertise preferred
- Occasional travel may be required
About the Firm
SMMA remains one of the area’s most unique design firms due to its composition, reputation, and focus. Cambridge-based since its incorporation in 1955, the firm focuses on creating lasting relationships with strategic partners in both the public and private markets.
The firm was founded by MIT alumni who believed that the balance of architecture, engineering, interiors, and site design afforded clients the agility of a single source of creative and technical expertise. Today, SMMA continues its dedication to a flexible integrated approach while remaining guided by a shared pursuit of design excellence and social responsibility.
SMMA is organized into five studios of market focus: Corporate and Commercial, Federal Government, Higher Education, K-12, and Science and Technology. At SMMA, studios represent specialized communities of practice working together to foster knowledge flow around common interests. Together, the firm’s studios form a larger design ecosystem, sharing best practices and nurturing professional growth and project excellence.
SMMA does not offer H-1B visa sponsorship for this position.