Rebel Builders is an innovative design-build company in Boston’s Metropolitan area. Rebel is seeking a full-time Designer to join the team to be involved in all aspects of our residential remodeling projects. This position will work in multiple projects with a collaborative team with a shared commitment to design excellence, buildability, client service, and the professional growth that comes from a young company.
As a Latina queer woman owned company, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our projects, and our community. Rebel Builders is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and encourages you to apply for this position.
- AutoCAD and Sketchup (Required)
- Adobe Suite (Preferred)
- Microsoft office or Google Docs (Required)
- 3+ years residential design experience (Required)
- Buildertrend experience is a plus
- Self-motivated, energetic, detail-oriented and thorough
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to turn their ideas into plans and technical drawings that guide how a building/renovation looks, so they must be creative and able to forge unique concepts.
- Technically capable of picking up new systems and programs quickly
- This job requires the ability to work out dimensions, costs, angles, and weights, so strong math skills are vital
- Designers work on multiple projects at a time while keeping to tight schedules, so good time management is important
- Must be confident attending and actively participating in job meetings with clients
- Ability to take direction and collaborate with others, will be expected to work both independently and as part of a project team
- Familiarity with residential building and zoning codes.
Requires a reliable vehicle.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental, Accrued PTO, annual bonus based on company results.