Tyler School of Art and Architecture, Temple University
- A close-knit community of thinkers, makers and boundary pushers
- A faculty with some of the most innovative and distinguished artists, architects, designers, educators, art historians and practitioners working today
- A culture that encourages social responsibility
- Spacious studios to think, create and act big
- A visionary center for public exhibitions
- An intimate art and architecture school that’s part of a leading public research university, Temple University
- A hub of professional and cultural resources - Philadelphia
- A study abroad program that includes campuses in Rome and Japan, as well as opportunities across the world
Nothing Is Beyond You
Temple University is defined by perseverance. More than ever, we’re committed to creating real, impactful change to shape the future here and beyond. Learn more at http://www.temple.edu.
For students who want to make a difference in the world through studying how we design, analyze, plan, manage and nurture the built and natural environments, Tyler offers an educational experience that is built on choice. Career discovery is central to the academic plan. You’ll get a foundational education before exploring creative pathways - including architecture, facilities management, historic preservation, landscape architecture, horticulture and community development - that allow you to choose a program that aligns with your passions and aspirations. You’ll learn side-by-side with faculty on real-world problems, using new technologies, and taking advantage of the resources and opportunities available to you as a student at a large, urban research university.
Explore the paths in our Architecture and Environmental Design programs below, or view a full list of all Tyler programs, including those in art education, art history, and many studio art disciplines here.
If you’re applying as an undergraduate, either first year or transfer, you can view our admissions requirements on our admissions website. Portfolios are not required for first year students, but you are welcome to submit one on our SlideRoom website if you have one. Transfer students to our architecture program who have previous architecture studio credits, are required to submit a portfolio for credit evaluation.
Transfer Spring Start Application Deadline: November 1
First Year Early Action Deadline: November 1
First Year Regular Decision Deadline: February 1
Transfer Fall Start Application Deadline: June 1