University of Arkansas
The Fay Jones School of Architecture + Design is the home of design education on the University of Arkansas campus. With a world-class faculty, a 15-to-1 faculty-to-student ratio, and state-of-the-art resources and labs, the Fay Jones School offers an immersive design school experience for an affordable price.
The Fay Jones School offers two different Architecture undergraduate programs as well as a post-graduate Master of Design program.
- B. Arch – 5-year professional program (156 undergraduate credits) leading to licensure in architecture, accredited by NAAB.
- Architectural Studies – 4-year degree (120 undergraduate credits) with an emphasis on design education and the overlap with other areas of interest for each individual student, such as journalism, city planning, non-profit work, historic preservation, and more.
- Master of Design Studies – 1-year program if full-time (36 graduate credits), or students can plan a flexible degree plan with the graduate coordinator.
The Fay Jones School has a national reputation for high quality student work and high job placement percentages for students at graduation. The Fay Jones design culture and educational environment are grounded in critical design thinking, multidisciplinary collaborations and civic engagement – better the world around you as you better yourself through education.
- Our professional program students take part in unique, hands-on design studio courses every semester.
- Our in-house tools and spaces are top quality, letting students earn experience with the tools they’ll need as practicing architects.
- Study abroad is a required part of our curriculum for professional program students, and encouraged for everyone! Take part in design-related study abroad trips, or visit a place you’ve always wanted to go while earning course credit.
- Fay Jones student projects make an impact on communities around the university, the greater state of Arkansas, and across the nation as well.
- Students are encouraged to take advantage of all Fayetteville, Arkansas and the surrounding areas have to offer – river rafting, shopping, museums, community art, hiking and biking trails, and so much more are available right outside of campus!