2022 Gingerbread Design Competition & Exhibition
Explore the Virtual Gingerbread Exhibition
Browse through all the fantastic entries in this year's Gingerbread Exhibition!View now
The BSA is excited to announce the 11th annual Gingerbread Design Competition & Exhibition! This exhibition will take place in-person at BSA Space. The competition theme this year is “Climate Ginger-READY Boston,” an edible exploration of the City’s Climate Ready Boston initiative. This initiative focuses on ensuring Boston will continue to thrive amidst the threat of long-term climate change. We encourage all forms of creative, sustainable, climate-resilient gingerbread designs that speak to the unique challenges that Boston faces.
The BSA Gingerbread Design Competition & Exhibition is a fun and tasty way to highlight great works of edible architecture while spreading holiday cheer. This exhibition helps support BSA initiatives while challenging designers to explore a sweet new medium.
There will be multiple ways to view this year’s Gingerbread Design Competition! We will display all gingerbread models at BSA Space and will showcase them in an online exhibition. In addition to that, all gingerbread submissions will be featured on the BSA’s social media platforms.
All 16 gingerbread creations will be on view until noon on December 20, 2022 in Waterfront Square from 7 AM- 9 PM each day (including weekends). Free and open to the public!
290 Congress Street
How do I register?
Registration for the 2022 Gingerbread Competition is now closed.
Where can I find the Welcome Packet and the Family Guide?
November 18, 2022 | Deadline to register
December 5, 2022 | Deadline to bring gingerbread creations to BSA Space
December 7, 2022 | Exhibition opens at BSA Space and online, voting opens
December 15, 2022 | Reception at BSA Space from 5-7PM
December 20, 2022 | Voting closes at noon, final winners announced, and exhibition closes
Awards will be given for the following categories:
- Golden Whisk for most amount of money raised through donation-based voting
- Silver Spatula for most number of individual votes through donation-based voting
- Chocolate-covered Rolling Pin for judges' choice
- People's Choice Award for most number of votes on Facebook
All entries will be virtually judged by a panel of gingerbread experts who will bestow additional festive awards!
Competition and submission rules:
- To be eligible for the competition, you or a representative for your team must complete the registration form by Friday, November 18, 2022. Entries that are not registered will not be accepted into the competition.
- By registering for this year's competition, you are agreeing to bring your completed gingerbread creation to BSA Space on December 5 between the hours of 9AM-5PM.
- All visible elements on your gingerbread creation must be edible (with the exception of LED lights which are accepted and encouraged).
- Voting will begin on December 7, 2022 when the exhibition opens. Everyone will be encouraged to vote, both with their dollars and their "likes."
- Please remember that this is a family friendly competition! The BSA reserves the right to not display any entry considered to be inappropriate.
Looking for inspiration?
Check out last year's gingerbread entries based on the theme, "Home Sweet Home."View now
For any additional questions you may have about this year's Gingerbread Design Competition & Exhibition, please email [email protected].
The Gingerbread Design Competition, a program of the BSA, was launched by the Community Design Resource Center (CDRC) in 2012.