About Chris Chu Architect
Chris Chu has had her own architectural practice in the Boston area since 1994, specializing in residential architecture, having worked in both suburban towns such as Weston, Lincoln, Newton, Wellesley, Concord and Beverly as well as in more urban neighborhoods such as Beacon Hill, Back Bay and the South End. Recently she has worked in New York City.
Hallmarks of her designs include:
- A seamless melding of the indoors with the outdoors.
- A harmonious blending of connected spaces that flow together.
- A talent for problem solving functionality issues to make the most of challenging existing conditions, small spaces and constrained budgets.
- An exceptional ability to listen. She focuses on the needs and desires of her clients rather than her own ego.
- Elegant design solutions for real world families that maximize joy and utility of their everyday lives.
"Chris Chu is an architectural artist! From the very beginning of our joyful work together, Chris balanced function, light, and aesthetics to bring our entire home, inside and out, to a stunning conclusion. Our home is known throughout our community because of its character and thoughtful detail. She considered every perspective for the many choices that needed to be made. We are delighted to highly recommend her!"
"Working with Chris Chu was a rewarding experience in every way. The results are simply fantastic. She designed a space that we enjoy more than we ever thought possible. Working with Chris was positive and pleasant at every step. She is a very careful listener and managed to understand what we wanted more than we did at points, and her dedication to the project was truly impressive. With Chris, both the process and the product were wonderful. I can't recommend her highly enough."
"Thank you again for the outstanding job you did. (We) were so impressed by your unique ability to balance creative design with budget considerations and schedules. Your ability to listen to all our wants, needs and ideas and incorporate them into a beautiful design is remarkable. Yet equally impressive is your problem solving ability. It was a pleasure to work with you Chris. And I would look forward to it again; however my house is now so lovely that I am never leaving!"