Get excited for a new and unique challenge!
This is not your typical Design Architect or Architectural Lead position. Headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, LIFTbuild is seeking an experienced leader in design conceptualization to join our team of innovative professionals as we advance our groundbreaking, structurally designed solution.
LIFTbuild seeks to reduce time-to-market and construction schedules for multi-story buildings significantly by turning the construction process on its head. Our Design Leader will lead conceptual design and programming efforts for critical developer-driven multifamily residential, hospitality, and office projects. On securing our projects, this position will guide owner/developer and design teams through to construction.
Does this sound like you?
- You effectively lead and manage internal and external design partners and resources.
- You have been looking for an opportunity to disrupt the status quo of design and construction and address head-on the many challenges our industry faces.
- You show passion for developing solutions beyond conventional and traditional design processes in the built environment.
- You love working with a team, and you are a sought-after team member.
- You welcome feedback from others and enjoy engaging in healthy conflict to get to a great solution. You admit mistakes freely and openly.
Where we need some help
- Develop innovative, creative, integrated, and practical design solutions for the LIFTbuild®
technology; become an integral part of internal and external design teams; and successfully guide concepts and ideas from project pursuit through to completion
- Enthusiastically engage in and support the presentation of design and construction priorities with the team for prospective project owners, developers, and sponsors and articulate design intent and concepts
- Understand code and cost implications of design decisions to ensure design proposals are financially and physically viable and compliant with various project goals yet aesthetically interesting
- Maximize opportunities for prefabrication and modular design integration as part of forward-thinking design and construction practices
- Registered Architect
- B.Arch. or M.Arch. preferred
- NCARB certified; sustainable design accreditation preferred
- Authorized to work in the United States
- 10+ years’ experience in the design and production of projects, including multi-story buildings, demonstrating varied and increased responsibility
- Knowledge of building codes and products, both residential and commercial
- Established and demonstrable history of building and maintaining client relationships and projects
- Demonstrated design and modeling ability and understanding of model progression and technologies
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk Revit and familiarity with related tools and process
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Rhino, Grasshopper, SketchUp, 3-D Studio Max, and other appropriate modeling and graphics programs
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to shift gears quickly
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner
The ideal candidate will embrace and reflect the Barton Malow Family of Companies’ leadership model, under which leaders are expected to build relationships, set direction, align resources, and motivate and inspire team members across the enterprise at all levels. The ideal candidate will also exhibit strong emotional intelligence, be adaptable and flexible in thinking and role, have a positive executive presence, demonstrate a collaborative orientation, actively engage in Radical Candor, and demonstrate the qualities of The Ideal Team Player.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Robust total rewards and benefits package
Things you need to know about the role…
- Depending on your location, you may need to work remotely and should have a suitable work environment.
- This position will require travel up to 30%. This may increase/decrease depending on your location of residence.