Genesis is looking to grow with top talent who want to make a difference in the world. Ranked #5 in Pharmaceutical Design by ENR magazine, we’re designing and constructing facilities that are advancing worldwide health.
Genesis might be a great fit for you, if:
- You enjoy problem-solving and discovering creative, effective solutions.
- You’re looking for a company that values and promotes professional and personal growth and development.
- You enjoy the details of great design and know that anything worth doing is worth doing well.
- You think on your feet and seek the “a-ha!” moments that come from team collaboration.
- You’re motivated and driven to help us, and our clients, make a difference in the world!
- BArch or MArch degree, or degree in related field and demonstrating prior experience with laboratory planning
- 5+ years experience
- General knowledge of lab projects and building construction related to lab projects
- Experience leading laboratory programming and planning meetings with client, or exposure to meetings with a willingness to want to lead these discussions
- Proficiency in Revit software
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- Excellent communication skills – including speaking, writing and graphic communication - are a must. This includes being able to speak confidently and concisely, leading conversations in the programming and planning phases of a project, and developing materials to support those conversations.
- Professional architectural registration or on the path and almost there!
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industries.
- Flexibility to travel (occasionally to moderate, depending on project location)
- Experience with Adobe Creative suite (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- A team approach and mentality and the ability to work in a collaborative environment – client-facing and internally.
- Complete tasks associated with programming and concept planning, including the ability to delegate work to a support team.
- Meeting with clients to assess needs and developing an associated project program.
- Developing conceptual designs and coordinating with engineers on the design team.
- Prepare conceptual design ideas, 2D and 3D presentation materials
- Participate in research, selection and specification of laboratory-related architectural components
- Oversee development of construction drawings and specifications that incorporate client, regulatory, and industry standards.
- Mentoring junior architectural staff and assist in professional development.
- Traveling as required for client development and project execution.
- Mentor, motivate and inspire other architectural staff designers and lab planners.
About Genesis AEC:
Since 1996, Genesis AEC – an award-winning consulting, architecture, engineering, construction management, and CQV firm – has helped life sciences companies usher in the next generation of life-saving therapies, treatments, and technologies. Whether it’s providing AE support for existing sites; commissioning, validation, and qualification for specific processes or equipment; or turnkey design-build solutions, our team blends sound science and technical expertise with quality and safety to deliver unparalleled results.
At Genesis, we believe that employing a diverse workforce is a key element of our success, and we hire based on experience and skills. We welcome applications irrespective of race, national origin, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other legal protected status.