SMMA is seeking a Project Coordinator to join the firm’s growing Administration team. The Project Coordinator's role is to provide day-to-day assistance to Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, and more in the preparation and execution of project work. The Project Coordinator will work in collaboration with the technical staff and management.
- Produces project-related graphics using PowerPoint, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and incorporates other graphic platforms as required
- Produces project schedules using MS Project
- Generates and coordinates project-related reports, specifications and daily correspondence
- Prepares contract documentation using AIA Contract software
- Works closely with Project Managers, Architects, and Engineers to ensure that all project submissions are complete
- Acts as liaison between clients, contractors, and Project Managers in relation to troubleshooting and project coordination
- Provides specification production assistance under the direction of the Specification Writer
- Covers reception on an as needed basis
- Should possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines under pressure
- Attention to detail, commitment to quality, and strong written and verbal skills
- Detailed knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with MS Word, Project, PowerPoint, Excel; Adobe Suite including Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- A/E/C industry experienced preferred
About the Firm
SMMA remains one of the area’s most unique design firms due to its composition, reputation, and focus. Cambridge-based since its incorporation in 1955, the firm focuses on creating lasting relationships with strategic partners in both the public and private markets.
The firm was founded by MIT alumni who believed that the balance of architecture, engineering, interiors, and site design afforded clients the agility of a single source of creative and technical expertise. Today, SMMA continues its dedication to a flexible integrated approach while remaining guided by a shared pursuit of design excellence and social responsibility.
SMMA is organized into five studios of market focus: Corporate and Commercial, Federal Government, Higher Education, K-12, and Science and Technology. At SMMA, studios represent specialized communities of practice working together to foster knowledge flow around common interests. Together, the firm’s studios form a larger design ecosystem, sharing best practices and nurturing professional growth and project excellence.
SMMA does not offer H-1B visa sponsorship for this position.