We are a growing, experienced, category-defying firm that is breaking through boundaries between industries. We are redefining how to build a modern home - designing at the intersection of land acquisition, development, design, construction, product procurement, project fulfillment, marketing, and sales.
We are seeking a Project Architect (Senior Associate) in our Boston office. For the right candidate who performs well, this is a partner-track position.
- Process shepherd for approximately 4-5 high-end custom home projects at a time
- Develop conceptual designs with partner
- Review drawings and details with staff and clients
- Present designs to clients
- Manage internal and external expectations; communicate frequently with clients
- Site visits (travel)
- Mentor junior staff
- Manage schedule and staff
- Coordinate, develop and maintain relationships with consultants
- Participate in businesses development initiative meetings
- Participate in development of new prototype designs
- 15-plus years’ experience in client and project management
- 15-plus years’ experience working with construction documents
- Extensive experience conducting site visits and undertaking construction observation
- A professional degree in Architecture
- Licensed architect
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit, SketchUp and Excel
- Experience supervising staff and coordinating consultants
- A strong design vocabulary
A strong candidate is
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Highly self-motivated
- Fun, sharp, enthusiastic
- Committed to quality
- Someone who has a pride of authorship
- Able to communicate professionally with an educated, sophisticated clientele.
A strong candidate enjoys
- Identifying problems and working with others to find creative solutions
- Working independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Multi-tasking and maintaining focus on a portfolio of projects
- Competitive salary
- Annual profit share
- Project milestone-based bonus compensation
- Industry standard paid time off by agreement
- Turkel pays 50% of group health insurance premium for employee
- After nine months of proven in-office productivity and managerial aptitude, there is the potential for one day per week work from home arrangement
Coronavirus Pandemic Addendum
This role will initially fall under our current company-wide Work from Home program. Once restrictions are eased, this will be a full-time Boston office position.
Under our Work from Home program, the candidate will need high-speed internet and a quiet and comfortable place to work uninterrupted while hosting zoom video meetings with clients and colleagues. Turkel will supply a work PC, external monitor and any other infrastructure needs required to meet productivity expectations.
Travel to work sites will only take place once restrictions are lifted under state and/or federal guidelines.