Opportunities for growth abound in this entrepreneurial studio. Check us out to see if we'd be the right fit for you and the critical next steps in your career!
Handel Architects is an award-winning architecture firm with offices in New York City, Boston, San Francisco, and Hong Kong. Our work includes architecture, urban design, and interior design and aims to leverage individual opportunities to create something greater: positive urban and social change. We are a fast-paced and results-driven firm and are always looking for people that share our passion.
Our Boston studio is currently seeking a creative and multifaceted Architectural Designer with 3-6 years of professional experience and strong to expert Revit skills. The individual will have the opportunity to work on projects with a high level of design in collaboration with senior team members and the opportunity to mentor junior staff. Our practice encourages open design dialogue and participation among all our team members to create a fluid and collaborative environment.
Please submit your resume and samples of work in PDF format At https://handelarchitects.com/careers/architectural-designer-associate
- Perform zoning analysis and building code analysis
- Perform Schematic Design including programming, layout spaces, and building massing
- Perform Design Development including detailed layout of spaces and development of exterior façade design and details
- Coordinate with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and structural engineers in addition to other technical consultants
- Create Construction Documents including exterior and interior details design and documentation with structural and mechanical/electrical/plumbing coordination
- Coordinate specifications for construction details and materials
- Perform Construction Administration including reviewing submittals (shop drawings, product data, and samples) to deliver initial design intent
- Perform project management tasks for specific projects as assigned
- Meet with clients and consultants
- Review renderings and Revit models done by junior designers and interns
- Professional degree in Architecture
- 3-6 years’ professional experience, preferably in multi-family residential, commercial, and/or life-sciences
- Revit proficiency & experience managing model and coordination with multiple consultants
- Experience with AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office preferred
- 3-D modeling and rendering experience preferred (Rhino, Grasshopper, Enscape)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, tight deadlines and work on various projects concurrently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented team-player
- Excellent graphic presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills, an ability to carry out design concept to realization
We want your energy, pro activeness, and collaborative mindset to support our growing firm! Our office provides full benefits, including: health benefits, competitive PTO, parental leave, 401(K), reimbursement and mentoring for ARE exams, and Whiteboard Groups. What are Whiteboard Groups? Check them out here! https://handelarchitects.com/f...
No phone calls please.