Perform a variety of design and technical tasks requiring application of standard techniques and knowledge gained through experience in the field. Strong technical abilities and professional experience. Performs in a self-directed manner in all aspects of the design process, including programming, preparation of design and Construction Documents. Work includes development of presentation materials, involvement in the creation of Schematic Design, Design Development and Contract Documents, Revit, Sketch-Up model building, renderings and Construction Administration activities, all within an established budget, schedule, and programmatic requirements. Works under direction of a Project Manager. Responsible for specific technical design aspects of projects including investigation, evaluation, and development of design solutions. Performs assignments under direction with emerging responsibility for design. Includes expert coordination with consultants, internal and external team members, and organization of Construction Documentation. Works closely with QA/QC team to ensure complete project review and supports activities of the Project Manager in all aspects of the project. Able to create, review and approve concept design options, assign tasks to other team members, and maintain project schedule. Provides professional consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of large, complex projects. Independently makes decisions on design problems and methods. Reviews and approves conceptual designs. Demonstrates clear commitment to projects and clients.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in architecture, interiors and/or construction profession.
- Professional Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited Architecture or Interior Design School.
- Strong experience and demonstrated proficiency in all design phases including a minimum of three completed projects from Schematic Design through Construction Documents and Construction Administration.
- Experience organizing & assembling construction documents; proven technical skills in detailing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with consultants, clients, and contractors; experience coordinating work of consulting engineers.
- Technically skilled; experience using Revit, 3-D modeling software; BIM proficiency.
- Strong communication, organizational and collaborative skills.
- Ability to multi-task and provide support to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to run internal meetings, consultant meetings, and emerging ability to prepare and coordinate required project presentations.
- Involved in Business Development opportunities.
- Independently develop preliminary design studies, concepts and sketches for review with project team.
- Prepare Documentation for Schematic Design and Design Development.
- Exercise creative judgment and design skills in preparing client presentation materials, including design sketches, renderings, models and graphics.
- Committed to key firm principles including strong communication, teambuilding, excellence in design, quality control, and sustainability.
- Help develop and support specific project goals and provide support to the Project Manager.
- Show individual ability to prepare accurate, coordinated and complete Contract Documents including plans, details, sections, elevations and schedules (Completion of a minimum of 3 sets).
- Demonstrated advancement in technical expertise, including detailing, code and construction knowledge.
- Produce amendments, addenda and bulletins as required supporting the project team.
- Lead and prepare revisions and technical alternatives for project team review.
- Perform area calculations and other technical project support functions according to specified standards.
- Perform tasks in accordance with the C3S Project Delivery Manual.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan and execute tasks independently.
- Understand project work flow, scheduling and project management basics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the work of project consultants including document review, communications and coordination efforts.
- Coordinates project work with QA/QC program.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage the work of others on the project team.
- Demonstrates a clear leadership role on projects.
- Starting ability to meet with, interact with and build relationships with clients and consultants.
- Strong understanding of Architectural and/or Interior Design principles and theory associated with project design and construction materials and methods.
- Demonstrated strength in effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and demonstrate a professional work ethic.
- Demonstrated progress with NCIDQ & LEED Certification.
- Show advancement and participation in professional growth including, Intern Development Program (IDP), ARE or NCIDQ program.
A valid, unrestricted driver’s license and driving record, as deemed acceptable by our firm’s liability insurance carrier, must be presented and maintained.
Please note this job description provides a general guideline as to the most common duties and responsibilities and minimum requirements and qualifications for the position. It is not all inclusive and the actual position may vary as circumstances indicate or as determined by the Company with or without notice.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is potentially exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration on a project site. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment on job sites is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Due to the nature of the position, the employee may often work more than 40 hours per work week (i.e., Monday – Friday), as well as some weekend and off-site work. This position is not overtime for working more than 40 hours per week. The employee typically is required to be present in and working out of the Company’s office in Lawrence, MA Monday through Friday from 8:30a.m. – 5:30 p.m. with a daily one hour lunch break.
Up to 20 percent travel to local and nonlocal project sites and client meetings.
NOTICE: CUBE 3 Studio, LLC is committed to providing fair and equal opportunity for employment and advancement to all employed and potential Employees of the Company. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT: I have received and read the above job description and understand it. I further understand that it is not all-encompassing and may change with or without prior notice. I certify that I am capable of fulfilling all physical and mental requirements either with or without a reasonable accommodation.