CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect/Project Manager based in our Boston, MA office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in Education, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Facilitate the development, evolution and management of the work plan, budget, and schedule. Preferred tools include MS Project and Deltek Project Planning.
- Manage design and documentation process and implementation of the design during the construction process.
- Manage QA oversight.
- Participate in negotiating the project scope, deliverable fee and contract with the Client Leader and the Business Practice Leader.
- Align work effort and resources with contracted scope and compensation and proactively address out of scope changes and prepare and negotiate additional service proposals in a timely manner.
- Monitor, report, and manage team business performance, projections, and manage so that Account Receivables are current.
- Attend scheduled meetings and provide feedback to the team and help synthesize actionable items.
- Generate and support a positive team environment: participation, empowerment, and accomplishment. Lead the Team.
- Provide strong collaborative client and team leadership that advances the success of the client relationship and the internal team.
- Partner with client early in an engagement to establish shared expectations and provide clarity on how we will work together, the involvement of key stakeholders, and the timing of key decisions.
- Implement CannonDesign Method using process expectations, best practices, reference standards, tools, templates, and technology to achieve competitive advantage, superior service delivery and quality, and enhanced team productivity and profitability.
- Align team process and deliverables with the delivery method.
- Ensure frequent, regular team communication to share information, optimize results, and build positive team dynamics.
- Capture and document key decisions and records.
- Capture information regarding the user metrics (design intention versus client outcome comparison).
- Train and mentor staff under your supervision.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor degree in architecture. Master’s in Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of related architectural experience of which 2 years has been performing in a project management role. Education, Science & Technology and Healthcare project experience preferred.
- Architectural Registration and LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Must have the ability to be client facing with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen, technical knowledge, coordination skills and the ability to build a rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Deltek Vision as well as other data management software.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.