Learn and work with one of New England’s most experienced cannabis design groups and help set the standards for a modern architectural specialty.
CAC's Cannabis Division is seeking an enthusiastic, capable, and well-rounded Project Coordinator to join our team. The cannabis industry offers a distinct opportunity to work on a variety of project types and areas of interest while developing expertise in a new and growing industry.
The Cannabis Project Coordinator will be responsible for tasks in all phases of design and construction including: coordinating and scheduling with the design team, engineers, clients, and builders; leading in-house QA/QC; and drawing standards development. An ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to manage multiple projects with simultaneous and accelerated timelines, is incredibly organized, possesses excellent communication skills, and is able to switch tasks quickly while working under pressure. The Cannabis Project Coordinator will be an equal player on a team with a Project Manager and a Designer who work collaboratively on all projects from start to finish.
While prior experience leading cannabis projects or similar is welcome, enthusiasm and willingness to quickly learn and adapt to industry intricacies takes precedence. Substantial experience in production of drawings and specifications for all phases of design, project coordination, planning and research, consultant coordination, QA/QC, and project management of day-to-day tasks of internal team members is required. Familiarity with cannabis building types such as cultivation facilities, labs, commercial kitchens, retail, and security systems is a plus, as is a good working knowledge of related facility complex mechanical and electrical systems.
- Production of design documents in all phases of design and construction, in collaboration with the full project team. This ranges from conceptual sketches to fully detailed construction documents.
- Coordinating project documentation, including plans, details, and specifications, with architectural and consultant teams while ensuring quality control and completion.
- Leading coordination meetings with consultants, clients, project team, and contractors.
- Understanding and coordinating engineering systems relevant to projects, and researching any unfamiliar systems in order to better understand cannabis specific requirements.
- Reviewing shop drawings, material samples, and submittals for conformance with design.
- Performing construction administration duties, including RFIs, RFPs, change orders, etc.
- Leading in-house project scheduling and working with Project Managers on long-term goals and team production capacity.
- Contributing to office QA/QC protocols and design standards.
- Fluency with Revit
- Minimum of 5-9 years of project management and/or project coordination
- Ability to direct or coordinate work and scheduling for a full project team, including design and junior architectural staff, engineers, and consultants.
- Experience with delivering all phases of a project with Cannabis or other similar project types.
- Strong communication skills; written, verbal, and graphic.
- Familiarity with building codes, specifications, building, and engineering systems.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision while maintaining an open running dialogue with team members and collaborators.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, as well as rendering programs
- Professional Degree in Architecture
- Architectural registration or path to licensure preferred, but not required
- Ability to travel to project sites / day trips
- Competitive salary
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off including unlimited vacation
- Flexible work schedule
- Hybrid of office and remote work
- Garage parking passes
- Reimbursement for ARE and professional licensure fees
- Opportunity to join a small, energetic young firm with an engaging office culture that emphasizes personal accountability and ego-free collaboration.
- Ability to specialize in a rare and exciting project type with one of the most experienced Cannabis teams in Massachusetts