Under the direction of an Architect, you will create and draft architectural plans, specifications, and drawings for rail and transit station projects, buildings and structures. Prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans according to specifications provided for both new construction and major/minor alterations. Use Revit and CAD software to produce designs, working drawings, etc. Coordinate all phases of minor construction projects, from architectural planning and design through construction and acceptance of the contractor's work. Assist the licensed architect by assuming responsibility for various phases and providing support. Develop creative solutions for active projects in the design or construction stage and solve related issues. Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines required.
- BS/BA in Architecture or MS/MA in Architecture
- 5 - 7 years of experience in the design and documentation of architecture projects including well-developed skills in 3D visualization
- Requires experience in the following skills and technologies: building information modeling (BIM)/Autodesk Revit; building information modeling (BIM) and AutoCAD
- Experience with SketchUp and Lumion a plus
- Requires familiarity with industry local codes, regulations, and standards governing design and construction projects.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified, and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.