Experience residential interior designer with 3-5 years work history for our boutique studio. Work in a high functioning, collaborative, team atmosphere with challenging and cool projects. Some office time required.
This position requires a creatively nimble, seasoned, resourceful, energetic designer who is detail oriented, friendly, fearless, supremely organized, and motivated. Our work is contemporary with a solid foundation in art and design history. We are a small team that works collaboratively on high end residential projects in a fast-paced environment. This position requires an individual who can communicate effectively with colleagues and high achieving clients.
- Assist the principal and senior designers with project design assignments.
- Contribute to and facilitate team communications, developing and maintaining strong internal and external relationships.
- Contribute to all project phases: strategy, schematic plans, refining solutions for design development
- Comfortably manage multiple projects and meet deadlines as assigned by senior staff
- Participate in regular Zoom meetings with ABD team as required
- Space planning for furnishing layouts
- Prepare and present graphic presentations, including 3D renderings
- Produce construction documents in ABD formats, including plans, elevations, details, and specifications
- Furniture and materials sourcing, selection, specifying and documenting
- Preparation, documentation and saving of proposals and purchasing documents
- Collaborate with consultants, contractors, fabricators and other vendors to achieve project objectives
- Contractor supervision and administration as required
- Client interaction as required
- Occasional visits to the ABD “home office” for important team meetings
- Travel to project sites as required
- Demonstrate direct and clear communication skills
- Apply a team approach to design solutions, while also being a self-motivated worker who can anticipate up-coming needs & stay ahead of them.
- Must be proficient in Sketch-Up Pro, Layout and AutoCAD. Be able to generate presentations for submittals using Layout, including dimensioning & notating drawings. Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop to generate presentation boards and other graphics assignments
- Use Design Manager software to produce proposals and purchase orders
- Understand millwork design and construction, especially bathroom and kitchen
- Create schedules for lighting, plumbing, tile, furnishings, etc. using MS Excel
- Track orders & stay on top of deadlines.
- 3-5 years experience in residential design with increasing responsibility
- Ability to comfortably manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Organized, pro-active, and detail oriented
- Office time as required
Compensation package is very competitive, with open, attractive working conditions and good benefits.