You will be joining one of the largest Life Science and R&D architectural and engineering practices in the nation, working collaboratively with our team that in 2021 was the number one ranked A/E firm nationally by Building Design + Construction, and specifically was ranked #4 for Laboratory Facilities and #12 for Science and Technology buildings. The team in Boston has recently designed, completed or have in construction over 22 Life Science buildings in the greater metropolitan area alone. Our diverse practice includes academic facilities, R&D laboratories, base building design for commercial developers and GMP facilities.
The Boston studio of Stantec Architecture is seeking a Senior Lab Designer/Architect to join our Science and Technology team. You will work on exceptional projects, grow your career, and have a positive and profound impact on the communities we serve.
We are looking for applicants with strong design and technical lab programming and planning skills for both commercial and institutional clients with.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate and lead the design process developing ideas, establish design direction, and develop options that achieve programmatic goals
- Actively participate in presentations and meetings with clients or municipalities
- Take ownership of specific tasks or project components and lead individuals and team in design development
- Direct and develop design documentation including plans, sections, elevations, & details, evaluate material options, and coordinate with consultant team
- Manage construction delivery and work independently to respond to RFI’s, review submittals, complete site visits and prepare field reports.
- Ability to drive the project forward towards successful completion / Motivates and challenges others to perform at their best
- Participates in networking activities within the design industry and professional organizations
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with specialized lab design and equipment
- Experience leading consultant coordination
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as to mentor junior staff
- Passion for your work
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch Up, Bluebeam
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree
- Architecture license preferred but not required
- Between 5 to 10 years of professional experience with lab design
Letter of interest, resume, and sample of portfolio work.