BBB is seeking an Intermediate Architect to join our Cultural, Institutional and Educational studio in our Boston office to work on a variety of projects at all stages of the design and construction process. In addition to the experience and skills listed below, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an interest in working in existing buildings, a strong design sense with technical grounding, and an ability to contribute to a creative process to develop innovative design concepts and solutions.
- Independently evaluate, select and apply architectural solutions for specified assignments with support and direction from a Senior Architect or above.
- 6 or more years' of related experience and licensed.
- Collaborate on and contribute to project design development, documentation, and Construction Administration.
- Strong Revit proficiency required as well as familiarity with graphics and presentation applications desirable.
- Familiarity with MEP systems coordination a strong plus, especially in existing building projects.
- Professional degree in architecture.
- Responsible for daily design, programming, and/or technical development of a project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meets the client's needs.
- Independently applies advanced architectural concepts and designs and produces materials to convey those concepts to the team, the client and the contractor.
- Able to communicate and present design issues and solutions internally.
- Able to manage deliverable production and schedules independently for smaller projects and with senior assistance for larger projects.
- Able to manage tasks on more than one project at a time.
- May provide technical guidance to junior staff.
- Fluent in design technology software, specifically Revit.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and ability. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through BBB's Careers Page on www.BeyerBlinderBelle.com. Application is linked here: Beyer Blinder Belle Architects and Planners LLP - Intermediate Architect: Cultural, Institutional and Educational Studio (paylocity.com)
As an equal opportunity employer, Beyer Blinder Belle is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce