Free and open to the public
Please join docomomo-US/New England on Monday February 8 at 6:00 pm for our monthly meeting at BSA Space, 290 Congress Street, Boston, for:
Architectural Archives as Assets
Aliza Leventhal, Corporate Librarian/Archivist, Sasaki Associates
Monday February 8, 2016, 6-8 pm
BSA Space, 290 Congress Street, Boston
Demystifying potential barriers to archival research for design professionals: a discussion on the challenges and opportunities of corporate design and architectural archives.
In her role as Corporate Librarian/Archivist for Sasaki Associates, Leventhal manages the Library, Archives, and Records Management:
• Assist professionals with reference and research questions
• Identify, acquire and catalogue new library materials: books, periodicals, and digital resources
• Develop architecture for digital resource library to serve a multi-disciplinary office.
• Create and maintain library budget
• Maintain historically significant project list and develop a processing plan for the backlog of analog archival materials.
• Provide access to historic materials to professionals, clients and outside researchers
• Work with Information Services to preserve and provide access to digital archival materials.
• Work to incorporate records management into overall project management procedures, including creating a records retention policy.
• Establish and implement file naming conventions for deliverable project work and an updated structure for project folders
• Develop workflow for projects to be dead-filed.
• Organize and curate archival-oriented gallery exhibits.
Please RSVP to [email protected] by 12 pm on Friday February 5 if you plan to attend.
*Massachusetts Historical Society presents "Mass Modern" in February 2016. All events take place at 1151 Boylston Street, Boston MA at 5:30 pm. Register at www.mashist.org/events. Further details at end of this e-mail.
February 3: From Brutalism to Heroic - Mark Pasnik, Chris Grimley & Michael Kubo - $20 fee
February 11: Culture of Modernism - Alexandra Lange, Jane Thompson & Michael Kubo - free
February 16: Politics of Modernism - Liz Cohen, Elihu Rubin & Chris Grimley - $20 fee
February 24: Preservation of Modernism - Henry Moss, Ann Beha, David Fixler & Mark Pasnik - $20 fee
**Historic New England and the BU Initiative on Cities and American & New England Studies Program present "The Dynamic City: Futures for the Past" on Friday April 1st and Saturday April 2nd, 8 St. Mary's Street, 9th Floor Colloquium Room, The Boston University Photonics Center, Boston, MA. The symposium "...will examine the urban history of New England and its relationships within a global context. The conference will explore questions that bridge the divide between study and praxis in design, sustainability and preservation."
***TK McClintock presenting on the recent docomomo-US tour to Cuba - docomomo-US/New England Meeting - May 9, 2016, 6-8 pm - BSA Space
****Docomomo International Conference 2016: Adaptive Reuse - The Modern Movement Towards the Future - Lisboa, Portugal - September 1-12, 2016
We look forward to seeing you at our February meeting.